Astromaster 70AZ Refractor
If you’re looking for a dual-purpose telescope appropriate for both terrestrial and celestial viewing, then the AstroMaster Series is for you. Each AstroMaster model is capable of giving correct views of land and sky.
The AstroMaster Series produce bright, clear images of the Moon and planets. It is easy to see the moons of Jupiter and the rings of Saturn with every one of these fine instruments. For views of the brighter deep space objects like galaxies and nebulae, we recommend the larger aperture and light gathering ability of the Newtonian reflectors.
- Quick and easy no-tool setup
- StarPointer finderscope
- Erect image optics - Ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use
- Quick release dovetail attachment - no tool setup
- Pan handle Alt-Az control with clutch - for smooth and accurate pointing
- Rugged pre-assembled tripod with 1.25" steel tube legs - Provides a rigid and stable platform
- All coated glass optics for clear, crisp images
- Deluxe accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories
- BONUS Astronomy Software download with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
||70 mm (2.76 in)
|Apparent Field of View
||900 mm (35 in)
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 ...
||20 mm (0.79 in)
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 ...
||10 mm (0.39 in)
|Highest Useful Magnification
|Light Gathering Power (Comp...
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude
|Linear Field of View (@1000...
||58 ft (18 m)
|Lowest Useful Magnification
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2
|Optical Tube Info:
|Optical Tube Length
||36 in (914 mm)
||1.66 arc seconds
||1.99 arc seconds
||Erect Image Diagonal - 1.25"
||1.25" steel tube legs
||2-year Telescope Warranty